The Institute has planned to achieve this through a new programme known as MCATI. MCATI is an acronym for Mutual Cooperation Agreement with Tertiary Institutions.
By this, out of the fifteen (15) subjects that are written in the graduate stages of its professional examinations based on the new (2019) syllabus, graduates from Institutions where this agreement exist will now sit for only five (5) subjects (i.e only final level of the Institute’s examinations).
The basis of these additional exemption for the graduates of the deserving institutions is, according to ICAN, the subjects would have been thoroughly taught by the accredited institutions who sign in. Thus, ICAN sees it worthwhile to grant more exemptions to graduates of such institutions provided they abide by the agreement.
The subjects as per the new (2019) syllabus are as follows:
- Business, Management and Finance
- Financial Accounting
- Management Information Systems
- Business Law
- Financial Reporting
- Audit and Assurance
- Corporate Strategic Management & Ethics
- Performance Management
- Public Sector Accounting and Finance
Professional Level (Final Stage)
- Corporate Reporting
- Advanced Audit and Assurance
- Strategic Financial Management
- Advanced Taxation
- Case Study
By the MCATI, accounting graduates from deserving institutions will sit for only the five (5) papers in the final level of the institute’s examinations.
As of May, 2019, the following institutions have been enrolled in the MCATI with ICAN based on the information gathered on the Institute’s website accessed by us.
- Babcock’s University, Ilishan, Ogun State
- Caleb University, Imota , Lagos
- Convenant University, Ota, Ogun State
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
- Federal University, Wukari
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji,Osun State
- Northwest University, Kano
- Osun State University, Okuku
- PAN Atlantic University, Lagos
- University of Benin, Benin –City, Edo State
- Abia State Polytechnic, Aba
- Police Academy, Kano