For some days now there has been quite a lot of mixed feelings concerning President Muhamadu Buhari’s move to end the Herdsmen/farmers incessant clash across Nigeria through a project called “Ruga Settlement Plan”.
This Ruga settlement plan of a thing has caused a lot of controversies among Nigerians. While many took it as a welcome idea, some saw it as a step towards Fulanizing Nigeria.
Below Are 10 Things You Should Know About Federal Government’s Ruga Settlement Plan:-
- Ruga is a Hausa word for “cow settlement”
- Federal Government said the project is mean’t to reduce Farmers and Herdsmen fight
- Governors are meant to provide land in their state to Federal Ministry of Agriculture for the Ruga Settlement Project
- The Ruga Settlement will be strictly for cow farmers and anyone into animal farming
- Fulani herdsmen will only rear cows within the Ruga Settlement
- Moving cows in large numbers outside the Ruga Settlement will be become an offence punishable by law
- Federal Government will provide water, schools, market, good roads, electricity, hospitals, vet clinics, security and other amenities in the Ruga settlement
- State Governors are free to decide whether their states will be part of the Ruga Settlement project or not
- Ruga Settlement project is not for Fulani people alone
- Federal Government believes the Ruga Settlement plan will be beneficial to the nation at large.
Many Nigerians are afraid that the Ruga Settlement plan is a step towards Fulanizaion of Nigeria.
It is believed that, if Fulanis and their cows have a big settlement in each state, it will only make their movement strong.
Hit our comment section below to lend your opinion by telling us if its a welcome idea to you or completely nay. Your opinion matters to us.